The exhibitors of GreenTech Live & Online submitted 26 innovations for the GreenTech Innovation Awards 2020. An expert jury selected 12 nominees from all entries in 3 categories namely ‘Innovation’, ‘Sustainability’ and ‘Concept’. The winners will be announced during the virtual opening of GreenTech Live & Online on Tuesday 20 October 2020.
Although it is a disruptive year, the innovative character in the horticulture industry is still going strong. Liselotte de Vries (Chairman Innovation Awards Jury, TU Delft AgTech Institute): “The past year has proven that a lot can and must be done differently. We have seen that everyday life and work can shift towards online and remote, with a lot of advantages, maybe more than we thought. This development reflects in the innovations submitted. The entries this year show a greater innovation leap with more daring initiatives! As mentioned in the recent speech from the Dutch King, invest in innovation and not cut back and be bypassed by others.”
The nominees and entries for the Innovation Awards will be showcased at the virtual platform GreenTech Live & Online, from 20 – 22 October.
Nominations per category
- Van der Ende, AIRMIX model G
- Crux Agribotics, SortiPack
- Ridder, Ridder HortOS
- Klasmann-Deilmann, Log & Solve
- ISO Group, ISO Grade 8000
- Bio Nova, Bio Nova Veganics
- Van der Ende, Nexus High Performance Osmosis
- Viscon, Grown With Waterwick
- MJ-Tech, MJ-Tech Dynamic Ventilation Disinfection (DVD)
- Sensor Factory, CELINE
- Insolight, THEIA
- Brite Solar, PanePower
To check out the longlist of all the entries of the Innovation Awards please visit www.greentech.nl.
The jury of the GreenTech Innovation Awards 2020 consists of:
- Chairman: Liselotte de Vries, TU Delft AgTech Institute (Netherlands)
- Silke Hemming, Wageningen University & Research (Netherlands)
- Peter Zwinkels, Tecknokas (Netherlands)
- Mark Durno, Rockstart (United Kingdom)
- Perry van Adrichem, Horti-Tech B.V. (Netherlands)
- Wolfgang Steiner, Gemüsebau Steiner GmbH & Co KG (Germany)
The jury’s advisory committee consists of:
- Brian Sparks, Greenhouse Grower (USA)
- , Vivai Capitanio (Italy)
- Enrico Verhoef, Total Greenhouse Service (Mexico)
- Christoph Geissler, TASPO, Haymarket Media (Germany)
More information and registration
Interested in GreenTech Live & Online? Please visit www.greentech.nl for more information and to register.
GreenTech Amsterdam 2021
GreenTech Amsterdam will be held Tuesday 15 – Thursday 17 June 2021. The exhibition is a global meeting place for all horticultural technology professionals. GreenTech focuses on the early stages of the horticultural chain and the current issues growers face. All Dutch front runners, greenhouse builders and suppliers are present. In 2019 a total of 12,489 professionals from 114 countries visited GreenTech Amsterdam. GreenTech is supported by AVAG, the industry association for the greenhouse technology sector in the Netherlands.
More information via the GreenTech website or follow GreenTech on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Youtube.